Geospatial Analyst Project Interns - Mapping the green transition
Climate change and the green transition are the biggest challenges of our generation. We need to reduce GHG emissions by 45 % by 2030. This is an unprecedented challenge for decision-makers in business and governments around the world: To take action to rapidly develop new sustainable industries and completely decarbonize the economy.
These are extremely challenging decisions that involve large investments, and have long-term economic, environmental, and social impacts, on local communities.
To make the right choices, decision-makers in business and governments need to make sense of overwhelming amounts of complex geospatial data, while they negotiate with a constellation of complex stakeholders with different interests and values.
The way it is done today is by inefficiently sourcing data from different databases and using fragmented tools to transfer and analyze this data. Otherwise, decision-makers hire expensive specialists that sometimes end up missing the big picture.
The result: Suboptimal decisions and bottlenecks for the green transition.
SurplusMap solves this by creating a platform by providing decision-makers with an interactive map designed for non-specialists, where they find relevant and reliable geospatial data, all in one place, and use it as a source of truth to collaborate with key stakeholders. This increases the quality and speed of the early phases of green industrialization.
SurplusMap’s solution is a geospatial intelligence SaaS platform that empowers decision-makers in the green transition to identify, assess and collaborate in the decision on where to develop new green industries.
We combine the power of cloud computing, earth observation technology, big data analytics, ML & AI, with UX design to create the ultimate no-code collaborative geospatial analytics platform designed specifically to meet the data complexity of climate change action and the green transition.
We now need a number of GIS Analysts that will help run geospatial projects, but who will also give feedback on the product development run by the CPO and the CTO.
- Run pilot projects with our selected customer base of municipalities, energy companies, emerging green industries such as micro-grids, green hydrogen production, battery factories to mention a few
- Feedback into our product development.
Experience & skills
- Required: Ability to perform spatial analytics using tools such as QGIS or ArcGIS
- Experience working with Geospatial data is very important
- Experience working with satellite imagery or other EOT is highly desirable
- Bachelor or in the process of completing a Master' degree in Economics/Engineering/Industrial economy/data science/Rural Development/Environmental Science/ Geomatics
- Ability to work in teams and autonomously
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken), Norwegian, and other European languages are a plus.
- Fast learners, open-minded, and adaptive to new business situations
- Good knowledge of Microsoft tools & Google Suite
- Student or recent graduate
- Norwegian working permit
- We offer equity to the right candidates in our company,
- The engagement includes an attractive, project-based, compensation package.
- Be part of an impact start-up with vibrant ambitions and a clear direction
- Be a key player in our mission to democratize access to geospatial data around the world.
- An opportunity to work in the most exciting Green Transition projects in Norway and Europe
- A multicultural environment with international ambitions
- Join a team that is passionate about working together, bold innovation, and doing the right thing for our business, for the environment, and the planet
- Flexible working time besides studies
- Flexibility in periods of exam
- Flexible work location
- Potential for growth and career development in a deep-tech company fostering the green transition